4CF Tea: Cumin, Coriander, Celery, Cardamom & Fennel Seed Tea
- Boil 2 cups of water
- Add 1/4 tsp of Coriander, Cumin, Celery, Fennel Seeds and Cardamom Pods to infuser. Optional: Dry roasting seeds or grinding mixture before steeping will open up flavors/ aromas and allow more nutrients to infuse in water Purchase seeds in bulk at The Spice Way
- Steep for 5 minutes. Re-use up to 2 times.
- Strain & enjoy!
Note: this tea formula is a diuretic, make sure to drink plenty of plain water before and after consuming and avoid drinking right before bedtime. Drink no more than 2-3 cups per day.
Breakdown of spice benefits:
A seed native to the Middle East. The seeds are small, pungent and aromatic. Cumin seeds are a great source of iron, manganese and calcium. Cumin is well-known for its positive effects on digestive health.
- Settles stomach upsets (reduces gas, indigestion and cramps)
- Supports the pancreas & helps digest protein
- Eliminates toxins & congestion from body (and mind)
This small and round seed comes from the cilantro leaf. Coriander seeds are sweet and have a citrus-like taste. Coriander seeds are a great source of iron, magnesium, manganese and fiber. Coriander can be used as a remedy for minor digestive problems.
- Calms the digestive system
- Helps alleviate joint pain
- Improves skin irritation or rashes
- Stimulates appetite
This seed is found in the flowers of the celery plant. Celery Seeds are small, tan to dark brown seeds that have a strong, pleasant smell but taste bitter. Celery seeds contain many healthy compounds such as flavonoids, antioxidants, and linoleic acid and they are a great source of iron, manganese and calcium.
- Stimulates digestion
- Relieves arthritis and gout
- Relieves urinary tract inflammation
- Lowers blood pressure
Cardamom is a seed pod and aromatic spice in the ginger family. Fresh cardamom pods are available in two varieties: "Elettaria", small and light green, and "Amomum", larger and dark brown. In traditional medicine, Cardamom has been found to have therapeutic properties such as being used as an antiseptic, digestive relief, and containing health-promoting antioxidants. Cardamom is a good source of potassium, iron, manganese, and Vitamin C.
- Settles upset stomachs
- Helps respiratory disorders
- Helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys
This seed is a cousin to Anise and Dill and the fennel plant is a member of the carrot family. In some cultures, fennel seed is often chewed at the end of a meal to support digestion. Fennel is a great source of iron, calcium, manganese and Vitamin C.
- Helps relieve digestive disorders
- Helps cleanse the kidney
- Aids treatment of colic
The Herb & Spice Companion by Marcus A. Webb and Richard Craze